In this far away part of Luton (North of London) stand this payphone. The payphone once used quite frequently by locals, namely the people leaving in the local high-rise blocks (see pictures). However, nowadays it's the gathering place for the local bored youths.
The town was recorded in 1224 as Littegraue, intimating that its name means Light-coloured, or lightly-wooded, grove'. However, another source suggests its name originates from Lygegrove Lyge being an old name for the River Lea.
View Larger Map